Job Opportunities - Brand Ambassador (Denver CO)
Brand Ambassador (Denver, Colorado)
Durham Distillery featuring Conniption Gin and Ready to Drink Conniption Cocktails
Rate: 1099 Commission Sales Position based on monthly KPIs
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Location Preference: Denver, Colorado
Reports To: Sales Manager
Do you have a passion for GIN? Are you a fanatic about cocktails, cocktail culture and the distilling industry? Then, we cannot wait to hear from you!
Durham Distillery is seeking a Brand Ambassador for the Denver market who will build awareness of the brand, specifically Conniption gin and Conniption Cocktails, via acquisition of new points of distribution and developing key account relationships for both the on premise sales channel.
The Brand Ambassador will champion and convey knowledge of Durham Distillery and its product portfolio by working toward our goal of maximizing the brand's image, awareness, and equity. They will develop a detailed knowledge of Conniption gin and will be an integral team member, someone that the trade, consumers, and influencers, will go to for education, inspiration, and credibility.
If you delight in freedom, enjoy challenges, are respectful yet innovative, confident, and humble, have an inherent growth mindset, are fearless, passionate, and value integrity overall, this could be you:
- A passion for gin and gin cocktails
- A strong work ethic
- Well spoken, charismatic, articulate, fun and engaging
- Thrive within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and matrixed organization
- Always on time or early to appointments/work
- Very comfortable with public speaking and interacting with large groups
- Use rigid ethical considerations to guide decisions and act in accordance with ethics
- Possess a sense of humor, authentically enjoying meeting new people
- Knowledge of the spirits industry but most importantly, a confidence in educating others
- A sense of camaraderie with the cocktail community. We are a distillery that strives to lead by example in that all ships rise together, and we must support one another
This position is ideal for a candidate who is currently employed as a bartender and has a strong relationship with the Denver food and beverage community.
Availability: The brand ambassador will create their own schedule and it can be designed to allow them to maintain a position as a working bartender. There will be commitments both in the afternoon and evening.
- Build and maintain long-term trusting relationships with targeted key on-premise accounts
- Increase distribution of brands into targeted accounts
- Increase brand awareness with social media posts made by brand ambassador and on-premise accounts
- Perform in-store tastings at retail stores
- Sell in cocktail menu placements and monthly/daily features into accounts
- Perform consumer promotions/activations to support new drink menu placements, features, and cocktail programs
- Educate and train bar staff on Conniption gin, including the trends and history of gin
- Track and measure accomplishments
- Manage and communicate calendar of activity
- Record and report the developments and/or results of all training/tasting/sampling
- Maintain up-to-date database of key trade contacts
- Monitor and report competitor activity. Review /propose strategies to keep ahead
- Effectively manage assigned budgets (ex: T&E, A&P)
- Approximate Split of Duties:
- On Premise Sales: 70%
- Brand Education: 10%
- Consumer/Influencer Interface: 10%
- Reporting: 10%
- Locate and execute key sampling opportunities such as USBG meetings, spirit dinners, trade shows/wine and food festivals, ect
- Key Performance Indicators with Commission targets:
- # NEW distribution points
- # NEW menu placements
- # trade staff educated
- # cocktail placements
- # consumer tastings
- # social media posts featuring Conniption Gin
Experience and Other Desired Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Professionalism within alcoholic beverage environment with expected sobriety during working hours
- Strong familiarity with the Denver cocktail scene
- Experience in bartending, restaurant, or sales
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and engage customers and consumers
- Flexible work schedule that includes some evening and weekend activities
- Responsible, self-motivated, and professional
- Excellent cocktail knowledge, customer service and sales skills
- Eagerness to learn sales strategies and implement them
- Must be 21 years of age or older with a car and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Interested candidates must include an up-to-date resume and letter of introduction. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed.
No phone calls please. Durham Distillery is a living wage employer. All are welcome and Womxn, People of Color, LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
Please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate submissions will not be considered. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older with valid I.D. to be hired. Certified background checks will also be required. Because you will be working in a distillery, these requirements are non-negotiable.