COMPETITION OFFICIAL RULES
"HAVE A CONNIPTION" BARTENDER COCKTAIL COMPETITION
1. Sponsor: Enter our “Have a Conniption” Bartender Cocktail Competition! (the "Contest") is sponsored by Durham Distillery, 711 Washington Street, Durham, NC (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is responsible for all aspects of the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
2. Eligibility: Contest (the "Contest") is only open to participants who are professional bartenders in one of the following metro areas: North Carolina, Atlanta/Savannah, South Florida (Miami to West Palm Beach) and Orlando/Tampa, and are legal residents of United States and who are 21+ years of age at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Employees of Durham Distillery (the "Sponsor"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on July 25, 2022 at 12:00 AM and ending November 30, 2022 at 11:59 PM (the “Entry Period”). All cocktail entries must be received by November 30, 2022 at 11:59 PM. All times are (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: The Contest can only be entered by submitting the online signup form provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to first receive the shipment of the two (2) gins. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Durham Distillery.
Once you have received your shipment, you may enter only one (1) cocktail recipe per gin received and you must use the supplied QR code to submit the recipes and complete the information requested for the cocktail recipe entries. Once your entries have been processed and as long as they fulfill the requirements, Durham Distillery will compensate $10 cash per cocktail recipe. This will be paid via PayPal only so you must have a validated PayPal account to receive payment. No other method of payment will be considered. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Durham Distillery.
5. Qualifying Submissions: All cocktail recipes must include at least one (1) ounce of Conniption Gin. All entries must be submitted using the official entry form to be considered. All finalists will be notified by email starting December 9, 2022 and no later than December 23, 2022.
6. Selecting the Finalists: The Contest entries will first be evaluated to select qualified finalists. Up to four (4) finalists will be selected per metro region. Once finalists have been notified, they have three (3) business days to accept. Upon acceptance, they will receive an invitation to attend the in-person cocktail battle competition. Travels to/from and incurred expenses to attend the competition are the sole responsibility of the finalist. By agreeing to be a finalist, you are committing to attend the in-person cocktail battle for your region.
7. In Person Cocktail Competition: Four (4) in person cocktail battles will be held during the months of January and February 2023 (specific dates and locations to be announced no later than December 23, 2022):
- Corpse Reviver Cocktail Bar in Durham, N.C.
- Orlando, Florida
- South Florida (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm Beach)
- Atlanta Metro
8. Prizes: The prizes are: Finalists (up to 12): will receive $150 cash prize. This prize will be processed after the finalist has successfully attended the in-person cocktail battle and presented their cocktail for the in-person judging. Cash prizes will be distributed via PayPal. As above, a validated PayPal account is required. Grand Prize Winners (4 selected, 1 per metro region): $500 cash prize, bartender tool roll-up bag ($250 value), SWAG ($100 value) and Conniption Gin for a Year (12 bottles, 750 ML, specific SKUs at the discretion of Durham Distillery). Cash prizes will be distributed via PayPal. As above, a validated PayPal account is required. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No additional cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Durham Distillery to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
9. Winner Notification: Grand Prize Winners of the Contest will be selected at the in-person cocktail competition. You must be present to win. Durham Distillery shall have no liability for a winner's failure to be present at competition including travel issues, failed email notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
10. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that Durham Distillery, anyone acting on behalf of Durham Distillery, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
11. Terms: Durham Distillery reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Durham Distillery may judge submissions from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Durham Distillery. Durham Distillery reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Durham Distillery has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Durham Distillery reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Durham Distillery. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
12. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Durham Distillery and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
13. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND NORTH CAROLINA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in NC having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
15. Winners List: For the names of the winners, please contact us at and in the body of the email type 'Please e-mail me the winners' list for the Durham Distillery Contest.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Contest and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.
If you have any questions about these rules or the contest submission requirements, please email email@example.com