Job Opportunities - Corpse Reviver Cocktail Server
Corpse Reviver Cocktail Bar & Lounge Cocktail Server
Durham Distillery Corpse Reviver Bar & Lounge
Rate: $15/hr. hourly plus tip pool
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Minimum Weekly Shift Requirements: 8 hour shifts every Friday and Saturday
Reports To: Bar Manager
Durham Distillery is seeking a part-time cocktail server for its onsite bar & lounge, Corpse Reviver. The Corpse Reviver Cocktail Server delivers exceptional guest experiences by providing energetic and enthusiastic cocktail and food service, and exceeds the customer expectations by connecting with each guest and making them feel like they are VIP.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- anticipating the individual needs of the guests and providing tailored recommendations;
- recording, inputting, and closing guests’ orders while maintaining high attention to detail;
- retaining comprehensive, up-to-date menu knowledge;
- ensuring guest satisfaction and retention;
- and adhering to food and beverage timing and safety standards.
If you enjoy challenges, are respectful yet innovative, confident, and humble, have an inherent growth mindset, are fearless, passionate, and value integrity overall, this could be you:
- A passion for premium spirits and a strong work ethic
- Well spoken, charismatic, articulate, fun, and engaging
- Thrive within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and matrixed organization
- Always on time or early to appointments/work
- Very comfortable with public speaking and interacting with groups
- Use rigid ethical considerations to guide decisions and act in accordance with ethics
- Possess a sense of humor, authentically enjoying meeting new people
- Knowledge of the spirits industry but most importantly, a willingness to learn about gin and be confident in educating others
- A sense of camaraderie with the cocktail and N.C. craft distilling community. We are a distillery that strives to lead by example in that all ships rise together, and we must support one another
- Successful team members will show a dedication to the preservation of Durham Distillery’s culture and executing the highest of standards of service.
- Retain full knowledge of food and beverage menus.
- Ensure compliance with all state alcohol requirements and provide friendly services to all guests.
- Receive food and beverage orders from guests and ensure accuracy upon delivery.
- Assist Bartenders and Hostess with service as needed.
- Display proper cash handling skills daily.
- Accurately account for all food and beverage orders in Toast Point of Sale System
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed & in line with all Durham Distillery standards.
- Maintain a clean environment conducive to the service of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages as well as food.
- Coordinate with manager at beginning of every shift to complete all duties efficiently and inform all guest of menu change.
- Professionalism within alcoholic beverage environment with expected sobriety during working hours
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Durham Distillery’s employee handbook for the safe and effective operation of the distillery.
- Physical ability to walk and handle trays, food items, glasses, etc. in a safe and constructive manner
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Interested candidates should email a resume and friendly letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please)
Please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate submissions will not be considered. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older with valid I.D. in order to be hired. Certified background checks will also be required. Because you will be working in a distillery, these requirements are non-negotiable.