On Premise Brand Ambassador (Philadelphia)
Rate: $18/hr. - $23/hr. depending on experience. Plus, commissions on achieved KPIs
Expected Start Date: January 2020
Location Preference: Philadelphia
Reports To: Sales Manager
Do you have a passion for GIN? Are you a fanatic about craft cocktails and the distilling industry with a drive to be on the front lines?
Durham Distillery is seeking an On Premise Brand Ambassador (Philadelphia) who will lead the sales and education for our portfolio with a focus on Conniption gins and Conniption canned cocktails in on premise accounts. This position is ideal for a candidate with bartending and restaurant experience including someone who is otherwise employed part time and wants an additional fulfilling role.
As our On Premise Brand Ambassador, you will be responsible for creating fantastic and enviable relationships with on premise accounts in greater Philadelphia metro area. You will be selling the gospel of Conniption gin and creating trust and loyalty for long term growth and positive word of mouth.
The Brand Ambassador will champion and convey knowledge of Conniption Gins and ready-to-drink Canned Cocktails by working toward our goal of maximizing the brand's image, awareness and equity. They will develop a detailed knowledge of the portfolio and will be seen as an integral team member to the distillery, someone that the trade, consumers and influencers, will go to for education, inspiration and credibility.
If you delight in freedom, enjoy challenges, are respectful yet innovative, confident and humble, have an inherent growth mindset, are fearless, passionate, and value integrity over all, this could be you:
- A passion for premium spirits and a strong work ethic
- Well spoken, charismatic, articulate, fun and engaging
- Thrive within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and matrixed organization
- Always on time or early to appointments/work
- Very comfortable with public speaking and interacting with large groups
- Use rigid ethical considerations to guide decisions and act in accordance with ethics
- Possess a sense of humor, authentically enjoying meeting new people
- Knowledge of the spirits industry but most importantly, a willingness to learn about gin and be confident in educating others
Minimum Required Availability: You must be able to work a minimum of 16-24 hours/week and visit accounts during weekdays ideally within the 11 AM - 5 PM time frame. Expected territory goal of 40 account visits/tastings or educational programs per month.
- Build and maintain long-term trusting relationships with targeted key on-premise accounts
- Increase distribution of brands into targeted accounts
- Meet sales goals and points-of-distribution gains, closely working with Sales Manager and Key Accounts Manager
- Coordinate closely with distribution partner and their sales teams to ensure synergies
- Sell in drink menu placements, features into accounts
- Perform consumer promotions/activations to support new drink menu placements, features, and cocktail programs
- Educate and train bar staff on brand pillars and programs, including the trends and history of the gin category
- Track and measure accomplishments
- Manage and communicate calendar of activity
- Record and report the developments and/or results of all training/tasting/sampling
- Maintain up-to-date database of key trade contacts in coordination with Sales Manager and Key Accounts Manager
- Lead the development of relationships with key on-premise influencers
- Monitor and report competitor activity in on-trade. Review /propose strategies to keep ahead
- Effectively manage assigned budgets (ex: T&E, A&P)
- Approximate Split of Duties:
- On Premise Selling: 50%
- Brand Education: 20%
- Consumer/Influencer Interface: 10%
- Reporting: 20%
- Key Performance Indicators:
- # trade staff educated
- # cocktail placements
- # NEW distribution points
- # NEW menu placements
Experience and Other Desired Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Professionalism within alcoholic beverage environment with expected sobriety during working hours
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 4+ years of relevant experience in the beverage alcohol industry
- Experience in bartending, restaurant or sales
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and engage customers and consumers
- Flexible work schedule that includes some evening and weekend activities
- Responsible, self-motivated and professional
- Excellent cocktail knowledge, customer service and sales skills
- Eagerness to learn sales strategies and implement them
- Must be 21 years of age or older with a car and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Interested candidates must include an up-to-date resume and letter of introduction. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed.
All are welcome and Womxn, People of Color, LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
Please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate submissions will not be considered. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older with valid I.D. in order to be hired. Certified background checks will also be required. Because you will be working in a distillery, these requirements are non-negotiable.
About Durham Distillery & CONNIPTION Gin:
Founded in 2013, Durham Distillery is a craft gin, vodka and liqueur distillery located in Durham, North Carolina. This women-led company produces premium CONNIPTION gins leveraging a differentiated two-step process combining time-honored gin making traditions with techniques borrowed from modern chemistry to create spirits that are both classic and contemporary.
The full product line offers CONNIPTION Navy Strength Gin and CONNIPTION American Dry Gin, DAMN FINE Liqueurs (Chocolate, Mocha and Coffee), Cold Distilled Cucumber Vodka, and Ready-to-Drink Canned Cocktails (CONNIPTION Gin & Tonic, Cucumber Vodka & Soda, and CONNIPTION Gin Rose Spritz).
As the leader in the South’s Gin renaissance, Durham Distillery was named the #1 Craft Gin Distillery in the U.S. in 2018 by USA TODAY and has earned more than 50 national and international awards, including “Best in the US” for the Conniption Navy Strength Gin by the World Gin Awards. In 2020, Durham Distillery will introduce its’ gin cocktail bar – Corpse Reviver – as a natural extension of this super premium gin brand.