Open Position - Hospitality Manager
Durham Distillery is seeking a full time, salaried Hospitality Manager.
Start Date: April 1 or earlier for the right candidate
The ideal candidate for this position will be skilled in a broad range of hospitality, including front-line customer service, staff management, finance, human resources, and marketing.
An eye for detail and strong organizational skills are necessary due to the large amount of responsibilities involved with this position. We're looking for an innovative and dedicated Hospitality Manager whose primary goal will be to ensure excellent guest interactions and team camaraderie in the distillery tasting room and on-site cocktail bar, Corpse Reviver.
- Develop and implement policies for the smooth operation of the distillery tasting room and cocktail bar
- Oversee the flow of guests throughout the property and manage the through line from tasting room to cocktail bar to ensure that the customer's experience is seamless
- Serve as "manager on duty" during service/open hours of the tasting room and cocktail bar including, but not limited to: pre-service meetings and overseeing of prep and cleanliness before opening, management of the team during service to ensure optimal flow and guest experience
- Ensure that all employees follow company policies by conducting regular meetings and leading course correction when required
- Supervise employees for pre- and post- service cleaning and maintenance of the appearance of the tasting room and cocktail bar
- Manage guest comp process and high satisfaction of guest experience, all while ensuring financial decisions adhere to company standards
- Manage the private event and private tour schedule for the distillery and tasting room, including team staffing requirements, coordinating with guests on site and leading distillery tours when needed
- Coordinate team schedules working closely with distillery General Manager
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to identify ways to improve the guest interaction and satisfaction, including guest surveys, loyalty rewards programs, guest outreach, etc.
Experience and Other Desired Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Professionalism within alcoholic beverage environment with expected sobriety during working hours
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 10+ years of relevant experience in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and engage customers and consumers
- Flexible work schedule that includes some evening and weekend activities
- Responsible, self-motivated and professional
- Excellent cocktail knowledge, customer service and sales skills
- Eagerness to learn sales strategies and implement them
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Durham Distillery is a living wage employer. All are welcome and Womxn, People of Color, LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
Durham Distillery is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
Please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate submissions will not be considered. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older with valid I.D. to be hired. Certified background checks will also be required. Because you will be working for a distillery, these requirements are non-negotiable.