Courtesy of Alley Twenty Six
- 2 grapefruit
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- 6 oz granulated white sugar
- 1 Bottle Conniption American Dry Gin
- 4 oz Alley Twenty Six Tonic Syrup
- 2 oz red wine
- 1 liter club soda (very cold)
With peeler, peel 1 large grapefruit while try to avoid any pith. Place grapefruit peels in bowl with rosemary needles and sugar, and muddle thoroughly. Let rest for 2-3 hours.
Juice grapefruit to yield 6 oz of juice, and add to dissolve sugar. Strain. Transfer to a cold punch bowl (3-4 quart size). Fill bowl three quarters with fresh cold ice. Add gin, tonic, red wine and soda.
When ready, serve in punch cups, approximately 6 oz. each.