Fall Conniption Punch
- 1 oz Conniption Navy Strength Gin
- 1 oz Apple Cider
- 1/2 oz Fennel Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 1/4 oz Vermouth
- 1/4 oz fresh-squeezed Lime juice
- Optional: 3-5 drops Crude Bitters Rhubarb
Mix all ingredients in shaker with ice. Shake vigorously. Pour into glass. Garnish with apple slices, fennel or mint.
Fennel Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- dash of salt
- 1 medium bulb fresh fennel, chopped
Rough chop fennel. Combine ingredients in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10–15 minutes, until the syrup has thickened. Let cool. Strain, discarding fennel, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Leftover syrup will keep, refrigerated, for about 2 weeks.