2020 Day 3 "12 Days of Cocktails" Cocktail Winner
Recipe by Stephen
- Pernod Absinthe Rinse
- 1oz. Conniption Navy Strength Gin
- 1oz. Lillet Blanc
- ½ oz. Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
- ½ oz. Spiced Cranberry Syrup
- 1oz. Lime Juice
- 1oz. Nina’s Thé de Marie Antoinette Whole Milk (Clarification)
- Homemade Lime Jello-Pernod Absinthe Ice Cube
Mix ingredients together and shake.
Rinse a Nick & Nora glass with absinthe and discard excess. Pour milk clarified cocktail into the glass and garnish with the Lime Jello-Pernod Absinthe Ice Cube.
Spiced Cranberry Syrup: In a medium saucepan, bring the 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups cranberries, 2 whole star anise, 2 whole cinnamon sticks, 1 tsp whole allspice, and 1 tsp whole cloves to a boil. Boil for 4-5 minutes, or until cranberries start to burst and the syrup is a rich red color. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, strain syrup through a fine-mesh strainer and discard cranberries, star anise, cinnamon sticks, allspice, and clove.