Job Opportunities - GUEST ASSOCIATE OPENING
We are looking to hire one Distillery Guest Experience Associate:
Distillery Guest Experience Associate
Durham Distillery, Durham NC
Rate: $13.50 - $14.50/hr., dependent upon experience
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Reports To: General Manager
Minimum Required Availability: Friday and Saturday evenings. You must be available to work these specific days and times as they are our weekly tour hours for the public.
This is a part time position averaging 6-10 hours a week. There are opportunities for additional hours and special projects as they become available, including bottling, event attendance and private tour hours.
Description: Durham Distillery is seeking a Guest Experience Associate who will welcome, educate and entertain distillery guests, chiefly by ensuring an excellent on site tour and tasting experience. If you're hard-working, outgoing, personable, and enthusiastic about the behind-the-scenes process of distilling craft spirits, this may be the opportunity for you!
As the Guest Experience Associate, you are responsible for greeting all distillery visitors in a courteous, friendly and professional manner at all times. Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills. Our tour & tasting experience must be one that leaves a positive and lasting impression on our distillery, our products and the City of Durham.
If this sounds like you, we think you may be a great fit:
- Well spoken, charismatic, articulate, fun and engaging
- Very comfortable with public speaking and interacting with large groups
- Always on time or early to appointments/work
- Possessing a sense of humor, authentically enjoying meeting new people
- Some baseline knowledge of the spirits industry but most importantly, a willingness to learn about gin and be confident in offering this knowledge to guests
- A sense of camaraderie, freely pitching in to other areas of the distillery as needed
- Welcome guests to the distillery
- Answer questions on the fly
- Guide guests through a tasting of Durham Distillery products
- Understand that visitors’ satisfaction is the primary goal
- Publicly represent the Durham Distillery family in a friendly and approachable manner
- Enter orders in the retail point of sale system and help maintain merchandise
- Up-sell and cashier with confidence
- Help clean, stock and shut down distillery. At the beginning and close of each shift, employees are expected to clean the retail store which may include sweep/mop floors, cleaning windows, stock shelves and supplies
What Durham Distillery can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in a fast-growing and exciting young company
- Direct interaction with 100+ people each week
- Help build a loyal fan base, one distillery guest at a time
- The chance to join a driven and enthusiastic environment
- Associates or working towards a Bachelor degree in Hospitality, Tourism, Marketing, Sales, Drama, Theater or a related discipline is preferred. Work experience may substitute for a degree at our discretion
- Must have experience working face-to-face with the public in a customer service role
- Experience in bartending, serving, public speaking, entertaining and/or performing required
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
Interested candidates should email a resume and friendly letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please)
Please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate submissions will not be considered. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older with valid I.D. in order to be hired. Certified background checks will also be required. Because you will be working in a distillery, these requirements are non-negotiable.
Durham Distillery is a supporter and certified employer of Durham Living Wage.