Interested in learning about the art and science behind your favorite products?
During a tour of Durham Distillery, you will learn about our gins and liqueurs, enjoy a tasting flight and get to take home a Durham Distillery branded shot glass as a souvenir. We have two types of tours available:
- Behind-the-Scene tours are offered Saturdays and most Thursday and Friday evenings too. These tours are $15 per person. These tours take you into the back of the distillery, show you the still up close and include an in-depth discussion on how we make our gins and liqueurs. Post tour, you'll have a tasting of our six products with a souvenir shot glass. This tour is approximately an hour.
- For those of you who'd prefer to drop in, we have Quick Tours where you see the facility and taste the products. These quick tours are offered on Thursday and Friday evenings from 6 - 9 PM and during our open Saturday hours from 3 - 7 PM. While these tours do not include a behind-the-scenes look at the distillery, they also don't require a reservation. Simply come during the open hours! These tours are $10 and include a tasting flight of our products with a souvenir shot glass. Note: Your Quick Tour may be delayed (<30min) if you stop in during a sold out behind-the-scenes tour. Our bar can only comfortably accommodate a certain number of guests. Other times may include a short wait to ensure every guest has a great experience.
Do you have a GROUPON redemption code? If so, please follow these instructions:
- Select the tour date and time you want to book
- Add to cart
Go to checkout then add your GROUPON REDEMPTION (this one is only 6 characters!) code to the DISCOUNT code field. The redemption code then is activated for your order. Bring your Groupon voucher with you for the tour. Please Note: If you are getting an error, it may be because the Groupon Redemption codes are not active in our system until 12-24 hours after you complete your purchase on Groupon. Thank you!
While the distillery and tours are open to all ages, tastings are available only for those 21 years of age and older. Please note the following:
Behind-the-Scene tours are subject to availability.There may be a few openings for tours the day of. You are welcome to stop by the distillery or call to check. However, we cannot guarantee availability
- Unfortunately, tours booked online are non-refundable. We understand however that circumstances may arise and so if you are unable to make your booked tour time, please email or call us as soon as possible so we can try to reschedule your tour for another tour date and time. We cannot reschedule you for a tour if the tour time has already passed. Thank you for understanding.
- Due to occupancy rates, we have a limit on how many people per tour.
- A complimentary soda or other non-alcoholic drink will be available for non-tasters.
- Durham Distillery reserves the right to deny anyone access to a tour or tasting.
- Parking is available in the lot behind the building and shared with The Blue Note Grill. We are located at 711 Washington Street, Durham, NC 27701.
- If you have a tour voucher, please book a tour date and time online to reserve your spot. A refund will be processed once the tour voucher is turned in at the distillery at the time of your tour.
Any other questions? Please see our FAQs
Are you interested in booking a private tour and tasting for a group? We'd love to host you. Please contact us for more information.