COVID-19 Tours & Tastings Update for Durham Distillery
With the recent developments in our area and the move towards social distancing, Durham Distillery has decided to suspend “Behind the Scenes” Tours through the end of March. At that time, we will re-evaluate options.
Please know that if you already purchased a ticket to one of our Behind the Scenes tours, we will happily reschedule you to a later date, or you may choose to have your ticket refunded in full. Additionally, all Groupon vouchers will be honored for an additional 6 months past their expiration date for the remainder of 2020.
At this time, we are confident that we can keep the distillery tasting room and retail store open with following additional processes in place:
1. We are committed to exceeding the CDC requirements for safety and cleanliness
2. We will continue to sanitize all surfaces with our 70% ethanol and water mixture
3. We will have sanitizer accessible to each guest while they are visiting the distillery
Starting March 13th, our new retail/tasting room hours are Fridays 3 - 7 PM and Saturdays 1 - 6 PM.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as well as your continued support. We hope you will consider stopping in on the weekends for a quick tour and for bottle purchases.
With clean hands and hopeful hearts, we appreciate you.
Behind-the-Scenes Tours: Fridays and Saturdays (SUSPENDED due to COVID-19)
These tours are $15 per person and available to book online. We take you into the back of the distillery, show you the still up close and include an in-depth discussion on how we make our gins, vodka, canned cocktails and liqueurs.
This tour includes a complimentary cocktail and a tasting of six products with a souvenir shot glass (yours to take home!). This tour is approximately one hour.
Quick Tour Tasting flight: Fridays from 3 - 7 PM and Saturdays from 1 - 6:00 PM.
While these tours do not include a behind-the-scenes look at the distillery, they also don't require a reservation. Simply come during the hours above!
These tours are $10 and include a tasting flight of three of our products with a souvenir shot glass.
Please note: there may be a wait for Quick Tours, depending on how busy the tasting room is.
While the distillery and tours are open to all ages, tastings are available only for those 21 years of age and older.
Behind-the-Scene tours are subject to availability.There may be a few openings for tours the day of. You are welcome to stop by the distillery or call to check. However, we cannot guarantee availability
- We understand however that circumstances may arise and so if you are unable to make your booked tour time, please email or call us as soon as possible so we can try to reschedule your tour for another tour date and time. We cannot reschedule you for a tour if the tour time has already passed. Thank you for understanding.
- Due to occupancy rates, we have a limit on how many people per tour.
- A complimentary soda or other non-alcoholic drink will be available for non-tasters.
- Durham Distillery reserves the right to deny anyone access to a tour or tasting.
- Parking is available in the lot behind the building and shared with The Blue Note Grill. We are located at 711 Washington Street, Durham, NC 27701.
Any other questions? Please see our FAQs
Are you interested in booking a private tour and tasting for a group or host a special event at the distillery? We'd love to host you. Please see here for more information.